Weekly Standings Update: Click Here
Cloud9’s Nebula NA Qualifiers are underway and we are thrilled to be bringing you an update on what’s in store over the next two months!
Every week we’ll be bringing you a snapshot of how the standings are taking shape, and you can take a look at the first one here. We’ll be pulling the standings from the Riot TFT Leaderboard and following along as the players battle it out for a chance to compete in Cloud9’s Nebula NA Qualifiers Event, beginning on July 8th! The final standings will be taken on June 30th at 11:59pm PST, which means players will have the full month to qualify. Up for grabs at C9’s Nebula NA Qualifiers are two seats to the TFT NA Final, which earns players a chance to qualify for the Teamfight Tactics Galaxies Championship!
Cloud9’s Nebula NA Qualifiers will feature 20 players who qualify via the ladder (more details below) and 12 invitees coming together in four 8-player groups. They will compete throughout the month of July and fans will not only be able to watch some of the best Teamfight Tactics players in the world go head to head, but will also have a chance to win some incredible prizes courtesy of our Partners, HyperX and Secretlab.
Also joining us for our tournament are casters Erik DoA Lonnquist and Dan Frodan Chou! DoA has been in esports for ten years, having casted at OGN’s League of Legends: Champions, LCK, and the Overwatch League. He has also been active in fostering the next generation of esports, working with high school and college esports organizations, and he most recently helped create the esports program at his alma mater. Frodan has been involved in esports since 2007 and has experience with pretty much every genre under the sun, with games ranging from Halo to Starcraft 2, from Smash Bros. to Hearthstone, and he’s thrilled to be adding Teamfight Tactics to his varied experiences. He has spent years working behind the scenes on esports productions around the world and is currently the community manager for Twitch Esports.
All of us at Cloud9 are ecstatic to be teaming up with Riot to bring the fans the best Teamfight Tactics content around! More details on C9’s Nebula NA Qualifiers are available below, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Discord for the latest updates on the tournament and all things Cloud9.
Updated, June 10, 2020*
Cloud9 is thrilled to announce that, in partnership with Riot Games, we will be hosting a Teamfight Tactics Tournament, with the qualifying period beginning in June! The tournament will consist of 32 participants, of which 12 will be directly invited to compete and the remaining 20 will be decided by standings in the challenger ladder.Starting May 27th, qualification via the ladder are as follows and are directly aligned with Riots NA Qualification system found here:
- Cloud9’s competitive cycle starts Tuesday, May 26th. Players will have one week to climb until the first weekly snapshot on Tuesday, June 2nd. Weekly snapshots will be taken for 5 competitive weeks, ending on June 30th, with each competitive week ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.
- Players will have a minimum of 10 games to play each week to earn points, which will be based on their rank at the end of each week (see below for point scoring details).
- After the 5 competitive weeks, each player will have their week with lowest points earned dropped, for a total of 4 counted weeks of ladder play. The top point earners will then “earn their seat.” – 2 seats are applicable through Cloud9’s Nebula Qualifiers
- Scores are posted to this public Google Doc. Please refer to the link before to see official ladder results. Note: “Cycle 4” (captured June 2nd) is the first competitive weeks score aligned with Cloud9’s Nebula Qualifier. Scores may take up to 5 days to be posted after each segment ends.
- Non-eligible players (e.g., secondary/alt accounts, players from other regions) will be factored into point totals but will be removed from the final ranking.
NA Ladder Point Scoring:
- 1-10 – 60 points
- 11-25 – 50 points
- 26-50 – 40 points
- 51-100 – 25 points
- 101-200 10 points
- 201-300 5 points
The tournament will then kick off on July 8th and will be broken up into four groups of eight players. The top four players of each group will then move on to the semifinal round, before the tournament culminates with a four-player finale on July 30th.
“We’ve all been in love with Teamfight Tactics since day one and getting the chance to work with Riot to promote the growth of the game and the community is something we’re really excited about. There’s incredible talent out there, and we’re thrilled to be bringing players an opportunity to showcase it.”–Gaylen Malone, Cloud9 Sr. General Manager
We look forward to putting on an amazing showcase with some of the best talent around! Make sure you tune into our Twitch channel on July 8th to follow the tournament live, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Discord for additional updates.